Friday, March 6, 2009

A favorite holiday

Success! Not only did I finish my midterms yesterday (hopefully successfully), but it was also the Purim party at Hillel. Yes, I know Purim's really next week (and I'll be celebrating it with Alana and some friends at Maryland), but we decided that the end of midterms, the beginning of spring break, and being a few days away from Purim was good enough reason to party down at Hillel.

Purim's probably one of my favorite holidays, just 'cause it's so much fun! I've got fond memories of being younger and hearing the megillah read while watching my rabbis celebrate appropriately - drunken. And there are costumes and food and wonderfulness, what's not to love?!

We kicked off the celebration on Wednesday night with the Purim Schpiel (which I irresponsibly went to - but it's not my fault, we were in it!), basically a huge play mocking everything in the community - from Kip to Kol Echad (all the a cappella groups, really), and almost every individual inside the building on a daily basis. Last night was the Purim party - lots of people dressed up in costume having a good time. I personally rocked the pirate costume

Happy.

Crazy dancing befitting the holiday.

Just some elements.

And soon I'll be headed out on spring break, off to explore Baltimore... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment