Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dear Office Depot, what??

As I sit right now in my office I'm watching my boss unpack the twelve huge Office Depot boxes that arrived mysteriously about an hour ago. That's right, twelve. And they were strangely light - as if they were packed with air. Now that she's here unpacking them, we know why: each box contains one of the boxes we ordered and a ridiculous amount of AIRplus bubble wrap. Someone in the Office Depot warehouse must have been incredibly bored (or just really screwed up), because all of those boxes could have been shipped in one single box (without bubble wrap... who needs to protect cardboard boxes??), but no. It's just entirely ridiculous, but also hilarious. On the bright side, we have free boxes... and bubble wrap. But sad - how wasteful! They wasted boxes, shipping fees, and labels. But at the office, we're all amused. Think of all the things we could do with that bubble wrap! Make bubble angels, rake bubble leaves and jump into the bubble pile, make a bubble ball pit... sounds like an office carnival to me. If only I had brought my camera into work today...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog a little bit ago! I wanted to let you know that I sent to the springpad website and I am in love! Seriously - it is great! I am now using it for all of my menu planning! I find a lot of recipes online and I love that is stores the links with the recipe. Are you involved with springpad? I will definitely be sending my friends there! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! I've definitely been using it to store a lot of recipes and keep track of what I actually do with them, it's great! I'm actually interning there right now and it's been great, definitely feel free to shoot me an email (rachel@springpartners.com) with any questions, feedback, comments... thanks!

    ReplyDelete