Friday, December 26, 2008

Bubble Toes

Call me spoiled, but I really do love a good mani/pedi. Mostly the pedicure. Something about the heated massage chair, the hot footbath and the scrubs and lotions just set me at ease. So today's pedicure was especially nice. After relaxing in the whirlpool at the Revive Spa, I headed upstairs to the salon for my mani/pedi with Jamie. I know they say that bartenders and cab drivers are the most interesting people to talk to just by virtue of who they've already met and spoken to, but I personally really enjoy talking to pedicurists. They see tons of people come through their salons every day, and they generally either (a) make nice conversation with them (like I did) or (b) read at/ignore them (like the woman sitting next to me did). Jamie and I shared an hour and a half of good conversation -- I told her about me - my studies, past trips, hopeful future trips, a little bit about Judaism, and she told me about herself - her son, her holidays, growing up in Phoenix and her hopeful trips. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. We chatted about a camp reunion that had taken place at the resort over Passover - how half of the people there had met their spouses at camp, and I told her about how common that was - that's one of the underlying hopes of the Jewish camping movement. Not like it's worked for me. I got the boyfriend question/conversation at dinner last night. It was great explaining to them how the population of guys at BU are either (a) gay (b) taken or (c) weird. Really enjoyable, really. About as wonderful as the rain that fell here (the desert, yes) all day and night - which was something else Jamie and I commiserated on during our time together, ending in a hug (and a nice tip, clearly). And now my nails are a nice shade of Serbian Nights. Thanks, OPI. Thanks, Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment