Wednesday, December 24, 2008

West Coast Winter

Well, it will be a decidedly not White Christmas here in Phoenix, and I'm okay with that. I'll take palm trees over snowflakes anyday, so I guess it's a good thing we've been Christmas-ing in Phoenix the past few years. It's nice, really. A week of vacation away from [almost] everything. I'll be honest, I can't quite keep away from the computer or my cell phone, but who really can? It's relaxation, not isolation. And so, as I lay curled up with my laptop on a bed much larger and more comfortable than the one I left at school a few days ago, I've decided a blog might be nice. Alana likes hers well enough, and I do too. I read enough of them, so why not one of my own? My blogging resume is quite strong - the LiveJournal back when you had to be invited to make one, the Xanga, the MySpace journal - they're all probably still around somewhere, floating in the online abyss filled with the daily tidbits I found essential at age 14 that are probably now just slightly embarrassing. I haven't stuck with anything longterm yet (although the LJ did last quite awhile), but maybe this'll be it...

This week started with the trip from hell (two days, Boston - DC - Chicago - Minneapolis, no luggage... and I know I'm not the only one), and now everything's calmed a bit.. but the amount of cars I saw parked in the Desert Ridge lot today say it's not quite as calm for everyone who is still a little crazed getting ready for Christmas, but life on vacation is good. Last night we explored the Luminaria and Chihuly at the Desert Botanical Gardens and tomorrow it'll be Chinese food and a movie - as per usual. I think I'll be sad to see the Christmas season go, I really love the Christmas songs and the decorations, but until then - take a break from last minute shopping and turn a Lifetime Christmas movie... you may lose an hour and a half of your life, but hey - it's vacation!

...And a little Chihuly from last night, just because:



No comments:

Post a Comment