Thursday, December 25, 2008

Chinese Food on Christmas

Merry Christmas! I really do love the holiday, even if it's not mine... although I was asked once if I was Jewish or Christmas. And despite the fact that nearly everything's closed, it's guaranteed to be a good time.The family and I will venture out to one of Phoenix's fine Chinese restaurants for lunch, see a movie (we're thinking Frost/Nixon), and then make it over to Bailey's for Christmas dinner, ie. dinner with the old Jews who winter in Phoenix and their families. A good time for all, always.

Last year on Christmas my dad sent me this song:

which I promptly listened to, downloaded, and have since learned that it's done by a teacher at my friend's alma mater. Regardless, the email also had a link for me to download this song as a ringtone (I didn't), but it led me to myxertones.com, which I have since used to download countless ringtones because I know a good free thing when I see one. 23 new ringtones later, and it's still an unfortunate obsession. Because of it, Law and Order's dunDUN noise plays for each text message, The Format's "Compromise" plays whenever my roommates call, a song from the musical episode of Buffy alerts me when a few select friends call, and the Flobots' "No Handlebars" for a few others. Tragically, myxertones no longer works with Verizon and I had to actually pay for my newest song, "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga (a current fix). I really do like song/personalized ringtones, though. They add a fun touch to what's probably a less than thrilling phone call. So, if you don't have Verizon, go play on myxertones. And if you do, tragic on the ringtone front - but you can call/text me for free, we're in! And if you do have another site, let me know. Consider it my Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment