Monday, December 29, 2008

Brush 'em, brush 'em, brush 'em

I forced myself out of bed this morning to go to the dentist. Tragic as waking up was, I do actually enjoy the dentist... I wasn't the kid who threw tantrums en route to his office, or the one who threw up on the dental hygienist (that was my brother), but I actually looked forward to going. Probably because I have good teeth, so they praised my good dental hygiene and then gave me a prize - positive reinforcement at its finest. Today I was not excited. Probably because it meant waking up when my alarm clock told me to, not when my body wanted to. And though I didn't get any prizes following today's appointment (they cut that one off around the age of 12), I did get a new friend. Kind of. Mary, my dental hygienist, and I made nice conversation about school, the weather and the prevalence of text messaging in today's society (she had a patient last week who was texting WHILE going through the dentist appointment motions - x-ray, cleaning, etc. I'm an avid texter but really? Too much, too much). My appointment didn't end in a hug the same way last week's mani/pedi did, but it was still nice. Especially considering the fact that the majority of the time, some sort of dental tool was exploring my teeth. Maybe I talk too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment