Friday, February 13, 2009

Cheese.

I’m really trying to like cheese. It’s a goal of mine, mostly because I feel like I should like it. Everyone else does. Maybe that line of thinking is sheep-like, but I don’t think being a sheep is always the end of the world. Right now, for instance, it’s driving my desire to like cheese. It could push me to try something else new later, who knows?


But cheese. I’m trying, really. I started out slow with the sharp cheddar, and it’s been working quite nicely. Last night, while out for a friend’s birthday, I decided to make the leap to goat cheese. Success! It was a little overwhelming, but I actually enjoyed it. It was some kind of goat cheese and eggplant mix that was really quite enjoyable. It left me feeling satisfied and empowered – think of all the new cheeses I can try – brie, gouda, Swiss, mozzarella, provolone… we’ll see how adventurous I’m feeling next time around. Not to say that I’m not an adventurous eater (although I guess I’m probably not), but I have a strange habit of not liking what are generally considered staples: ketchup, coffee, pickles, cheese (a work in progress), and most other condiments. I guess I just have strange taste. I really wanted to like them all, I tried… and failed. But cheese and I are starting a nice new relationship, so maybe there’s hope for the others? Probably not, but it’s a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment