Thursday, January 8, 2009

Addicted

I'm pretty sure I have some sort of disease. I actually can't say no to shopping, to buying anything I see that's pretty enough to have its own spot in my already overflowing closet (which, at school, I actually share with my two roommates). There is a price bit - if it's too expensive, it's not coming home with me. Usually. But I can't resist a good deal. Sure, it would be cheaper - free, even! - if I just didn't buy it. But somehow that just doesn't do it for me.

Enter: the Premium Outlets at Albertville. A little less than 30 miles outside of Minneapolis, this massive compound probably provides all of Albertville's economic stimulus and is, for me, half heaven and half dangerous, twisty spiral of dark spending. Alicia and I made the trek out today, both of our first time, and oh, it was wonderful! It was enormous - so big that we actually had to move the car three times and drive across another road to experience the whole thing. And four and a half hours later, having forgotten that neither of us had eaten yet, we escaped with lighter wallets and heavy shopping bags. Or, really, just a lot of bags. Major successes at Banana Republic, Gap, Coach and BCBG. I've now added to my wardrobe: two sweaters, two cardigans, two tops, a skirt, a dress, capris and a wristlet. Life is wonderful... and it's really a good thing that Albertville's so far (in Minnesota anything further than 20 minutes is a schlep and not worth going to), 'cause I'd spend way too much money. That, and there really is nothing there besides the outlets. And an alien restaurant. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment