Saturday, January 31, 2009

Can't get enough of your love, baby

Remember Freddie Prinze, Jr.? I'll be honest, I had all but forgotten about him until I flipped on the TV this morning and Down to You was playing. Talk about a blast from the past, I remember him as one of my biggest celebrity crushes circa the seventh grade. Except for Scooby Doo, all of his movies were the same, with a rotating cast of girls - boy finds girl, boy dates girl, boy screws it up, boy and girl get back together, presumably happily in love for the rest of eternity. Cheesy for sure, but there's something actually kind of comforting in knowing that they're always going to end up the same - Down to You, She's All That, Head Over Heels, Summer Catch... all the same. And oh, I loved them all. Really, I'm still kind of a sucker for a good chick flick. Actually, any chick flick. Unless it's done so badly it's painful. Either way, Freddie was there during my huge chick flick phase and I'm glad I was reminded of him today. Maybe I'll remember him when we're picking out movies for our Valentine's Day marathon, I did always love Head Over Heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment