Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Singing in the Rain...

... except not really, because I'm less than thrilled with this raining situation. For "America's Walking City," Boston seems to be particularly terrible and maintaining its walkability in the winter months in the face of snow, rain and, my favorite, "wintry mix." Today was a wintry mix day - what started out snowing became sleet and then rain. Tragic, really. I didn't go home between the end of class and my meetings because it sucked too much outside for me to walk home. As a result, I sat in Hillel all day and accomplished approximately nothing. But when I did inevitably walk home, at 9:00 pm after a day of class and work, it was horrible. The ground was slippery from the snow and frozen rain, it was cold, and it was still raining, so I was rocking the raincoat under my peacoat and an umbrella. And apparently all rainboots aren't necessarily waterproof when you're walking through a lake because mine leaked. Tragic all around. It could have been worse though - when I got home, two pairs of really sad looking Uggs sat drenched outside the room. Poor roommates. Poor shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment